- Botanical Name: Heliconia behai
- Common Names: Heliconia, Birds of paradise, Lobster Claw
- Maximum Growth: In the domestic set up, the heliconia can grow from 3 to 6 feet in height and can be trimmed in width as per space
- The plant thrives well in full sunlight or partial shade
- Well drained and moist soil is appropriate
- Heliconias survive very well in hot and humid conditions, even indoors with ample sunlight supply, as long as humidity is maintained
- – Start fertiliing from spring, and go on untill the flowering continues.