- Botanical Name: Neoregelia Spectabilis
- Common Names: Painted Fingernail plant
- Maximum Growth: Can grow upto about ten inches
- Shaded outdoors or well lit indoors will work magic for a healthy growth. Keep away from harsh sun.
- Water the plant only so often with the ‘urn’ filling upto 1/4th the level. The plant can stand dry spells but some moisture is healthy.
- The Urn plant asks for no fertilizer and feeds off the moisture for its nutrition requirements. However, if needed, provide minimal orchid fertilizer sparingly in the summer on the foliage.
- Remember to wash the urn and turn the plant to remove water stored for long duration to prevent any bacterial development.